Recently I have joined a new organisation (Yes I have left Microsoft late last year). I joined Readify as a Lead SharePoint Consultant and delivered on all things SharePointy. I recently got offered a new role in the same company as a Pre-Sales Technical Specialist. It was a great opportunity and I figured that it was time to move out of technical delivery and into a pre-sales role.
Yes I have moved to the darkside and giving a pre-sales role a go.
In my new role I will be working with the Readify sales team and providing support from a technical perspective.
The biggest changes I have found so far are:
- No more timesheets or utilisation based targets
- Engage with customer from a very early stage to understand their requirements
- I do a LOT more presenting and meeting customers
- Prepare and deliver CIE's (Customer Immersion Experience) events
- I need to be across a lot more technologies. Even looking at non-Microsoft technologies
- I am working on getting my head around more pure Cloud solutions that involve Office365, Azure and possibly AWS.
- Focus on the end state solution for a customer instead of just a point solution
- Work with Microsoft account teams in a very different way.
Its going to be a fun ride and I will share my thoughts and any tips and tricks I pick up along the way.